Bellville’s future on the cards
15 June 2022
Residents, businesses, stakeholders and interested parties have the opportunity to comment on the City of Cape Town’s proposed local spatial development framework (LSDF) for the Bellville Central Business District until 4 July 2022.
The draft LSDF aims to provide guidance on detailed local planning and public infrastructure investment to unlock development opportunities that further the urban regeneration of the Bellville CBD.
The overarching vision for the Bellville CBD is:
To re-establish Bellville CBD as the second metropolitan node of Cape Town through transforming it into a vibrant, attractive, sustainable and efficient transit oriented development (TOD) node.
A local spatial development framework:
- guides spatial development and land use management decisions within a designated local area; and
- informs public and private investment initiatives by clearly indicating the City’s future development vision.
- The draft LSDF document is available for review and comment here
- Can be viewed at the offices of Subcouncil 6
- Can be viewed at the Bellville Public Library
- A virtual overview of the draft will be held on 20 June at 18:00 and can be accessed here
- Email: LSDF@capetown.gov.za
Once the public participation process has been concluded, the draft LSDF will be refined in light of comments received. The draft will then be submitted for Council approval after which the LSDF will become City policy, similarly to the Tygerberg District Plan (2012) and the Metropolitan Spatial Development Framework (2018), and guide land use and development decisions in the Bellville CBD.