Invest Cape Town Coronavirus Response: Support and Advice for Business and Industry
19 March 2020
The City of Cape Town cares deeply about the impact of COVID-19 on our local businesses and industry.
We are mobilising resources to limit the impact and are exploring ways of how best to support you during this time.
Dedicated work-streams are meeting regularly to ensure a significant, all-of-government effort.
We are working with the provincial and national governments, as well as all our partners, to do everything we can to stop the spread of this virus and devise ways to best support you.
You have a role to play to protect yourself and your families. If we all do so, we will protect our communities too.
We are all in this together. Healthy businesses are vital to Cape Town’s economy.
- For real-time support and advice for business and industry, including FAQs across sectors, email our COVID-19 Content Centre for Business at email@example.com or The Business Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For COVID-19 updates and resources, visit the Western Cape Government COVID-19 information portal.
Lastest Article & Press Releases:
- City welcomes relief for SMMEs due to COVID-19, warns against misinformation
- City will continue receiving, assessing development applications during lockdown
- DTI Media Release – Online Bizportal to register businesses that provide essential good & services during the lockdown period
- SPEECH BY EXECUTIVE MAYOR, ALDERMAN DAN PLATO – 26 March 2020
- Latest Regulations & Guidelines issued by National Government: COVID-19
- Government Gazette Staatskoerant No. 11062
- Government Gazette Staatskoerant No. 11063
- Minister Ebrahim Patel announces essential service application portal for Coronavirus COVID-10 Lockdown
- Tough times ahead but plans in progress and online platforms running to assist SMMEs
- All markets and clustered street trading to cease in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19
- Cape Town Air Access Update on Coronavirus and Aviation
- City of Cape Town welcomes lockdown announcement by President Ramaphosa
- City task teams in place to work out economic action plan
- DSBD Media Statement 19 March 2020
- DTI – Relief Fund Measures for Businesses – Covid 19 – 25 March 2020
- National Government
- Wesgro – Business Support
- BPeSA – Best Practices in BPO sector to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19
- Silicon Cape – COVID-19 Response
- BPeSA – Labour Law in the time of COVID-19 & SA Shut down
- GBV Command Centre: 0800 428 428 / *120*7867# from any cell phone
- Persons with disabilities: SMS ‘help’ to 31531
- Women Abuse Helpline: 0800 150 150
- Child line: 0800 055 555
- SAPS Crime Stop: 0860 10111 / SMS Crime Line: 32211
- GBVF-related service complaints (SAPS): 0800 333 email@example.com
- National AIDS Helpline: 0800 012 322
- National Human Trafficking Helpline: 0800 222 777
- Suicide Helpline: 0800 567 567
- National Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.za
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases: https://www.nicd.ac.za
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int
- Coronavirus Hotline: 0800 029 999
- The Small Business COVID-19 Survival Guide
- Cape Town Air Access COVID-19 Update_ March
- COVID-19 Social Distancing – TV advert