Cape Town nominated as a finalist in the World Travel Awards Africa
29 September 2020
Cape Town has recently been nominated as a finalist in the World Travel Awards Africa and will compete against the rest of the world in numerous categories. Read more below.
Categories of the World Travel Awards include:
- World’s Leading City Break Destination 2020
- World’s Leading City Destination 2020
- World’s Leading Festival & Event Destination 2020
- World’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2020: Table Mountain, South Africa
- Worlds Leading Airport – CTIA
- Worlds Leading Luxury Hotel – Twelve Apostles
- Worlds Leading City Hotel – Pepperclub
- Worlds Leading Luxury Hotel Villa – Villa 2 @ Ellerman House
‘The fact that we have now been chosen to compete against the rest of the world is a significant achievement and is recognition of our city as a world-class destination. Much work has gone into positioning Cape Town as a destination of choice, no matter what you are looking for,’ said Alderman James Vos, Mayoral Committee Member for Economic Opportunities and Asset Management.
The recognition and exposure of these awards will contribute to tourism and related industries, as the visitor economy brings in much-needed revenue and supports employment opportunities in the city.
‘Our Tourism Bounce Back Strategy, developed in partnership with the City’s destination marketing organisation, Cape Town Tourism, and the City’s Enterprise and Investment Department to get this sector back up and running, includes the Six Pillar Strategy and positions Cape Town as the premier destination in which to Live, Play, Work, Study, Visit or Invest.
‘Let’s ensure that Cape Town comes out tops and gets the recognition our beautiful city deserves by casting your vote,’ said Alderman Vos.
Residents can vote for Cape Town at www.worldtravelawards.com/vote
Voting will close at midnight on 25 October 2020.