CAPE TOWN – THE PENINSULA ALL-SUITE HOTEL’S BUSINESS PLAN TAKES A 360-DEGREE TURN TO SAVE JOBS.
The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel in Sea Point shows its resilience and innovative capabilities to retain jobs and expand its services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As we continue to push and think proactively, having passed the 130-day mark, Cape Town businesses across the Tourism sector have been showcasing their resilience and resourcefulness despite strict regulations. Find out about the sector’s response here.
With South Africa’s lockdown and various travel restrictions in place, leisure travel and accommodation have been among the hardest-hit sectors, however, with the recent directive published by Tourism minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, level 3 lockdown regulations have been updated to help many businesses like these get back into the swing of things.
However, before these gazetted revisions, The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel demonstrated a remarkable adaptability with a solution-driven approach that facilitated their transition through the COVID-19 restrictions.
General Manager, Chris Godenir, together with the 4-star hotel staff, opted to create a COVID-19-centric bouquet of services that tapped into the hotel’s existing available assets and skillsets. With the hotel’s business plan taking a 360-degree turn due to the COVID-19 restrictions, their focus was shifted to retain jobs and proactively respond to the challenges of the different lockdown levels.
The hotels’ teams have been offering laundry, cleaning and maintenance services and additional workstations have been set up on-site, along with private office spaces, to accommodate those who would be interested in conducting business with a scenic seaside view. Godenir went on to explain how it was the ideal opportunity to expand these services to the local community while following hygiene, health and safety during COVID-19.
How Peninsula All-Suite Hotel Can Help You
- Professional laundry service with collection and delivery included for customers within a five-kilometre radius.
- A laundry drive-thru for drop-off laundry which does not include clothing items.
- Housekeeping service – Two cleaning professionals are transported to and collected from customers’ requested locations, including all equipment, detergents and cleaning materials needed. This service is available for home and office. Full decontamination can be carried out upon request, with sanitising fogger available at an additional cost per square metre.
- Handyman services offered at an hourly rate. The hotel’s maintenance team is available to do household repair work, stating, “No job is too big or too small, we do them all.”
- Dedicated workstations can be booked with a complimentary Bootlegger specialty coffee.
- Private offices are available for booking on the ground floor with ocean-view suites. Customers can secure hourly or full-day bookings.
The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel continues to showcase resilience by facilitating transitions towards the new rules of leisure travel and accommodation during the pandemic and beyond. To book a service, contact them via call or WhatsApp at 061 173 1574 or email email@example.com.